Skip to main content
- Exercising supervision over the activities of the Certifying Authorities.
- Certifying public keys of the Certifying Authorities
- Laying down the standards to be maintained by the Certifying Authorities;
- Specifying the qualifications and experience which employees of the Certifying Authorities should possess;
- Specifying Authorities shall conduct their business Specifying the content of written, printed or visual material and advertisements that may be distributed or used in respect of a Electronic Signature Certificate and the Public Key;
- Specifying the form and content of a Electronic Signature Certificate and the key.
- Specifying the form and manner in which accounts shall be maintained by the Certifying Authorities;
- Specifying the terms and conditions subject to which auditors may be appointed and the remuneration to be paid to them.
- Facilitating the establishment of any electronic system by a Certifying Authority either solely or jointly with other Certifying Authorities and regulation of such systems;
- Specifying the manner in which the Certifying Authorities shall conduct their dealings with the subscribers;
- Resolving any conflict of interests between the Certifying Authorities and the subscribers;
- Laying down the duties of the Certifying Authorities;
- Maintaining a data-base containing the disclosure record of every Certifying Authority containing such particulars as may be the conditions subject to
- which the Certifying specified by regulations, which shall be accessible to public.